Our roof support kit includes all the components necessary to connect single wall stove pipe to double wall Class-A chimney and vent it through a single story home with an A-Frame or cathedral ceiling where a Support Box is not desired or required.
The roof support mounts to the framing and can support a total of 45 feet of chimney with a maximum of 20 feet of Class-A chimney below the support.
For detailed installation instructions check out our Roof Support Planning Guide. Or view the installation instructions.
(1) Stove Pipe Adapter
(1) Roof Support Bracket
(1) Roof Flashing (select a Flat, 1/12 to 7/12 Pitch, or 7/12 to 12/12 Pitch Flashing
(1) Storm Collar
(1) Chimney Cap (select Chimney Cap with Spark Arrester or Flat Top Cap)
INDIVIDUAL PARTS DESCRIPTION
- Stove Pipe Adapter is the transition piece that connects the single wall stove pipe to the ceiling support box.
- Roof Support Bracket mounts to the framing and can support a total of 45 feet of chimney with a maximum of 20 feet of Class-A chimney below the support.
- Roof Flashing provides leak prevention for the roof penetration of the chimney system.
- Storm Collar works together with the roof flashing to provide a waterproof seal where the chimney passes through the roof.
- Chimney Cap tops off the chimney system to keep out rain, snow, leaves, debris, and animals. Choose between the cap with spark arrestor, which should be used when burning wood to keep in hot embers, or the flat top chimney cap which does not include a spark arrestor.
Single Wall Stove Pipe is not included in this kit and is required to connect your wood stove or other heating appliance to the support box.
To complete this kit purchase the lengths of pipe needed to run from the stove pipe adapter out the roof to the chimney cap.
In some cases you might find an obstruction requiring the use of an Elbow Offset (sold separately).
If the chimney extends more than 5 feet above the roof an Extended Roof Brace (sold separately) must be installed.
Our double wall Class-A insulated chimney system delivers superior safety and performance. The 1.18" thick high density ceramic fiber blanket insulation is sandwiched between two 0.019" thick 304 stainless steel walls. Compared to our competitors 430 stainless steel or galvanized steel, 304 stainless steel provides superior corrosion resistance while our 0.019" thick inner and outer walls are as must as 25% thicker than our competition.
- Inner wall 0.019"-thickness 304 stainless steel
- Outer wall is 0.019"-thickness 304 stainless steel
- High Density Ceramic Fiber Insulation is 1.18" thick
- Precision Engineered Twist Lock design
Certified and listed to the UL 103HT standard and designed for appliances that are listed for use with a 2100 Degree Fahrenheit High Temperature chimney system. It can be used with wood stoves, fireplaces, fireboxes, furnaces, boilers, water heaters, pizza ovens and other residential heating appliances fueled by wood, gas, coal or oil.
Note: Do not use with forced draft, positive-pressure appliances.
The UL 103HT chimney is designed and tested for maximum continuous use at 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. UL certification requires a stringent and rigorous test including a one hour burn at 1400 degrees Fahrenheit and three - ten minute burns at 2100 degrees Fahrenheit.
CLEARANCE TO COMBUSTIBLE MATERIALS
Always keep at least a 2-inch clearance between chimney pipe and any combustible materials.