Our through the wall kit should be used whenever venting through the ceiling is not an option or is not desired. Note: venting straight up through the ceiling is always recommended for the strongest possible draft.
This kit includes all the components you need to connect the single wall stove pipe to Class-A double wall insulated pipe, pass through an exterior wall, make a 90 degree turn, and top off the installation with a chimney cap.
For detailed installation instructions check out our Through The Wall Planning Guide. Or view the installation instructions.
(1) Stove Pipe Adapter
(1) Wall Thimble
(1) Short Pipe (select a 6", 9", 12", 18", or 24" length)
(1) Tee with Clean-out-Cap
(1) Base Wall Support Kit
(1) Wall Bracket (select a Standard Wall Bracket or Adjustable Wall Bracket)
(1) Chimney Cap with Spark Screen
INDIVIDUAL PARTS DESCRIPTION
- Stove Pipe Adapter is the transition piece that connects the single wall stove pipe to the Class-A double wall insulated Short Pipe before passing through the wall.
- Short Pipe is the length of pipe that will pass through the Wall Thimble to the exterior of the home and connect to the 90 degree Tee.
- Wall Thimble allows the Short Pipe to pass safely through the wall to the outside and provides a finished look on the inside. The Wall Thimble can adjust to accommodate walls from 6” to 10” thick. For thicker walls a shield can be fabricated on site using no less than .019” thick galvanized steel.
- Base Wall Support mounts to the exterior wall using the supplied hardware and supports the weight of the chimney stack. The base wall support can carry up to a maximum of 50 feet of chimney and uses our precision cut twist lock connection to attach to the Tee. A short length of pipe may be added to the bottom of the base wall support for easy access for cleaning if desired.
- Tee makes the 90 degree turn to run the chimney stack vertically. The Tee mounts to the Base Wall Support and connects to the Short Pipe. Simply add lengths of pipe on top of the Tee to run the chimney stack up above the roof.
- Wall Bracket provides lateral stability while maintaining a 2” clearance to the exterior wall. Choose between the Standard Wall Bracket and the Adjustable Wall Bracket, which adjusts from 2” to 7” clearance. The Adjustable Wall Bracket should be used to bypass a gutter, small overhang, or other obstruction as needed. If no obstructions are present the Standard Wall Bracket can be used. One Wall Bracket is included with this kit. A Wall Bracket is required a minimum of every 8 feet of vertical run above the Base Wall Support. Purchase more Wall Brackets as needed to complete installation.
- Chimney Cap tops off the chimney system to keep out rain, snow, leaves, debris, and animals. Our chimney cap with spark arrestor should be used when burning wood to keep in hot embers. The spark screen has 3/4" mesh.
Single Wall Stove Pipe is not included in this kit and is required to connect this Class-A Chimney to your wood stove or other heating appliance
To complete this kit purchase the lengths of pipe needed to run from the Tee to the Chimney Cap.
Note: if the roof has a large overhang/soffit you will need to...
a) penetrate the overhang which may require the use of a Roof Flashing and Storm Collar (sold separately)
b) install an Elbow Offset (sold separately) to go around the overhang (this is not ideal as it could cause draft issues).
If the chimney extends more than 5 feet above the roof an Extended Roof Brace (sold separately) must be installed to support the chimney stack.
Our double wall Class-A insulated chimney system delivers superior safety and performance. The 1.18" thick high density ceramic fiber blanket insulation is sandwiched between two 0.019" thick 304 stainless steel walls. Compared to our competitors 430 stainless steel or galvanized steel, 304 stainless steel provides superior corrosion resistance while our 0.019" thick inner and outer walls are as must as 25% thicker than our competition.
- Inner wall 0.019"-thickness 304 stainless steel
- Outer wall is 0.019"-thickness 304 stainless steel
- High Density Ceramic Fiber Insulation is 1.18" thick
- Precision Engineered Twist Lock design
Certified and listed to the UL 103HT standard and designed for appliances that are listed for use with a 2100 Degree Fahrenheit High Temperature chimney system. It can be used with wood stoves, fireplaces, fireboxes, furnaces, boilers, water heaters, pizza ovens and other residential heating appliances fueled by wood, gas, coal or oil.
Note: Do not use with forced draft, positive-pressure appliances.
The UL 103HT chimney is designed and tested for maximum continuous use at 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. UL certification requires a stringent and rigorous test including a one hour burn at 1400 degrees Fahrenheit and three - ten minute burns at 2100 degrees Fahrenheit.
CLEARANCE TO COMBUSTIBLE MATERIALS
Always keep at least a 2-inch clearance between chimney pipe and any combustible materials.